Saturday, March 2, 2013

Encouraging Words

I caught up on my blogs this morning, and found the following at Rage Against the Minivan:

"Day care didn't break my bond with my parents, and it certainly didn't dilute the values my parents instilled in me. Although I was in day care for years, I can’t remember a single childhood caretaker’s face or name. My mother’s voice and lessons, however, ring in my ear every day."

This comes from a girl who spent most of her young life in daycare.

Thanks, whoever you are, for helping me with the fierce mamma guilt. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN!!
That mama guilt is the worst! But, I have to remind myself I AM a better wife and mother when I work!
Hang in there!

ShawnandSherri said...

Yes! We have enough, we do enough, we are enough! Do not beat yourself up because you are an incredible mother (working or when a SAHM)...and your children know it!